In 2017, the International Year of Sustainable Tourism, sleeperoo was launched in Germany and here in Ireland three years later. Its a new concept that successfully addresses the challenges of sustainable tourism. For us, sustainability does not mean doing without but rather involving everyone, employees, partners, and guests work together to ensure that our fun and enjoyment can enhance the health, security, and future of our Planet.
How does it work?
- sleeperoo opens up and so enhances, exceptional locations for special nights close to home, without putting pressure on existing housing stock levels which often happens with normal sharing-portals.
- Often sleeperoo guests can do without a car as the spots can be reached by bike or public transport.
- Though the local hosts work to specific quality standards their offerings are usually colourful and different. sleeperoo does not rely on standardized tourist attractions but on honest and authentic insights and views of the region.
- In designing the Design | sleep Cube care was taken to ensure the use of renewable raw materials whenever possible.
- The energy supply of the sleeperoo in Outdoor operation should be self-sufficient, a self-sufficient energy unit is in development, energy-saving LED lights are currently used.
- In addition to the comfortable and sustainable equipment and the wonderful surroundings of the installation site, the sleeperoo intensionally offers no further attractions. We believe guests should not be distracted but encouraged to enjoy special moments in the here and now.
- All suppliers and service providers, with whom sleeperoo works are committed to sustainability and pursue the same goals as ourselves in their own work. They support social projects, work with ecologically clean materials out of principle, and try to make our planet a little bit happier every day.
- Through thoughtful and respectful handling of their surroundings, each sleeperoo guest ultimately contributes to the sustainability of the experience night for themselves and each subsequent guest.
- Sustainability is not just lip-service at sleeperoo but a deep conviction to which much thought, planning, and attention to detail have been invested.